Knotty Purls

"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica"

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm Still Here!

I have not abandoned you, I promise. It has been a busy few weeks and now that we have Big Boy off to play in the sandbox it is quieter. LOL! I just made a joke! I have managed a little knitting in between sleeping, eating and keeping Piglet out of trouble - a task that isn't nearly as fun as it sounds!

Montego Bay is nearly finished and I have to say, this is the easiest knit ever. I can even work on it with Piglet around because there is no way to screw up the pattern. I still have to cut the fringe and I have to admit, I'm a little scared. I have never made fringe and the thought of cutting this beautiful yarn into 200 pieces makes my eyes roll into the back of my head.

I started a little sweater for Piglet. It is in Cascade 220 and the cable pattern is from Stitchionary 2. I think the color will bring out his blue eyes. Of course when I make the size that will fit his chest and fit over his melon sized head, the arms are very long. I am already at the length of his arm and still have a bunch more increases to do. I guess I can roll up the sleeves.

I did a little stash enhancement over the weekend. This is Claudia Handpaint Silk Lace. Can we all say YUM! There is a little story behind this yarn. I bought it in hopes it would make a nice stole to go with a dress that I may or may not fit into, for a wedding that I may or may not be invited to and may or may not attend if I am invited. Make sense? Well, can't fault a girl for being prepared. Well, as I was squeezing my butt into the dress and trying to figure out if I need to lose weight or just buy some of those suckitallin underpants I realized that I already have a stole that would look great with the dress. Yep, I have Print O' The Wave - a stole that created a lot of headache for me and has not been worn yet. Since this whole wedding deal is going to end up giving me a headache (it is a long story that includes small towns, family, friends, a church and a partridge in a pear tree!) I think the stole would be appropriate! Piglet figured the bee would help enhance the colorway "Walk in the Woods". The funny thing is, this colorway is not really me. But, each of the colors in there are! Still, it caught my eye and would not let go.

Speaking of the little monster... he had his very own cup of ice cream last night. He was so disgusting that I would not bring him into the house and instead "bathed" him in his swimming pool!

Labels: , , , ,